By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
The Philippines Department of Health (DOH) reported an additional 18,012 new COVID-19 cases and 161 deaths Tuesday, bringing the cumulative totals to 2,121,308 infections and 34,498 deaths since the start of the pandemic last year.
Concerning COVID-19 vaccinations in the Philippines, a total of 35,838,964 doses of Covid-19 vaccines have been administered nationwide as of Sept. 5-15,033,354 have already completed two doses while 20,805,610 have the initial dose, according to the National Task Force Against Covid-19 (NTF).
Lastly, Malacañang announced today that Metro Manila will remain under the stricter modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ) until Sept. 15. Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said the quarantine classification in Metro Manila would only be downgraded to general community quarantine (GCQ) once the country’s metropolis is ready for the pilot implementation of granular lockdowns.
“Metro Manila’s current risk classification as modified enhanced community quarantine shall be maintained until September 15, 2021, or until the pilot GCQ with Alert Level System is implemented, whichever comes first,” Roque said.
- Vietnam reports another 12,481 COVID-19 cases, Man gets 5 years for spreading virus
- Global dengue tops 1 million in August
- Paraguay awaits results of measles test sent to US, Could be 1st case since 1998
- South Carolina: Rabid fox confirmed in Ridgeway, One dog exposed
- Philippines total Delta variant cases top 2000
- Brazil: 40% of the Brazilian population over 18 years of age is fully immunized
- Cyclospora: 400 more cases reported in the US, 34 states report cases
- Brazil: 11 measles cases reported in Alagoas state
- Cuba reports 9200 COVID-19 cases, Vaccinating children as young as two