By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
The Philippines Department of Health reported a record 15,310 additional COVID-19 cases on Friday; however, 3,709 were backlog cases from March 31 when issues were noted in uploading cases.
Of the total 771,497 reported cases in the country, 330,648 are reported from the Metro Manila area, followed by CALABARZON with 126,483, Central Luzon with 53,740 and Central Visayas with 52,032.
The total deaths reported through Friday stands at 13,320.
- Vietnam: Botulism reported in Binh Duong province
- Point-of-care Chlamydia and Gonorrhea Test gets FDA Ok
- Dengue vaccine candidate: Takeda begins regulatory submissions in the EU and Dengue-endemic countries
- Ireland reports E. coli outbreak in the Mid-West region
- Sweden: 200 people have tested positive for COVID-19 post- two dose vaccine
- Canada: AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine should not be used in adults under 55 years of age at this time
- Philippines: Five human rabies deaths reported in Iloilo during the 1st three months
- DRC: TB cases up in Mai-Ndombe province in 2020
- Peru: 40% of COVID-19 cases in Lima are the P.1 Brazil variant