New Mexico reported their first human case of plague last week in a Santa Fe County man. Back in October 2013, I did an interview with New Mexico State Public Health Veterinarian, Paul Ettestad, DVM, MS about the plague after several human cases were reported.
Dr Ettestad gave a thorough talk on various aspects of the plague to include the history and the situation in the United States.
- Plague and tularemia in the US 2015: Exact reasons for increases ‘hard to pinpoint’
- Hantavirus and tularemia: Discussions with two prominent Public Health Veterinarians
- New Mexico reports plague death in mountain lion
- New Mexico man contracts plague after getting bit by prairie dog
- Congo, Madagascar top countries reporting most plague 2000-2009, US reports 57 cases
- Canine influenza 101: An interview with Dr. Cynda Crawford
- Pennsylvania reports 3rd Chronic Wasting Disease case in captive deer
- Rabies: A comprehensive interview with Pamela Wilson
- Baylisascaris: An interview with Dr. Kevin Kazacos