In an update on the human plague situation in Madagascar this season, since early August, 124 cases of plague have been recorded with 91 bubonic form (73.4 %), 31 pulmonary form (25%), 1 septicemia case and one unspecified.
A quarter of the cases a pulmonary originated from the plague form which can be transmitted from human to human and causes an outbreak as it happens last year.
The cases were reported from 24 districts coverings 10 regions. From the 24 districts which reported plague cases, 5 are currently active meaning that they reported new cases since the last 15 days.
- Illinois: Will County officials advise on mumps testing, 3rd MMR vaccine
- Polio vaccination: Pakistan starts last ‘door-to-door’ campaign of 2018
- Libya launches measles, rubella and polio vaccination campaign
- Annual flu shot can save heart failure patients’ lives: Research
- Uruguay reports 1st human leishmaniasis case
- North Dakota reports 1st confirmed AFM case of 2018
- Portugal: Measles update in Lisbon and Tagus Valley
- Rabies: Two suspected human cases reported in Sarawak