Plague has a long and storied history throughout the centuries, rivaled by only smallpox.
In this podcast, I look briefly at the three major plague pandemics-The Justinian Plague, the Black Death and the Modern Plague. In addition, I look at plague in more recent history as it still infects thousands and kills hundreds in several countries across the globe annually.
- Madagascar plague epidemic affects more than 800: Health ministry
- Seychelles ‘plague’ update: 13 people remain in isolation
- Plague treatment center deployed to Madagascar
- CDC issues travel notice for Madagascar due to plague outbreak
- Plague: An interview with Dr. Paul Ettestad
- Plague: Wyoming reports confirmed case in prairie dog
- New Mexico man contracts plague after getting bit by prairie dog
- Plague in the US: 1st case of 2016 reported in New Mexico teen
- Congo, Madagascar top countries reporting most plague 2000-2009, US reports 57 cases