About five weeks after Hurricane Matthew struck the already devastated country of Haiti in the Caribbean, physician and Haitian Hearts founder, Dr John Carroll came back to the show for an update on the Haiti catastrophe.
Dr. Carroll was on the show on Oct. 9, days after Hurricane Matthew and gave a in depth look at the situation there. He went back to Haiti in late October and has recently returned to the US with a full “on-the-ground” assessment to include damage to infrastructure and health facilities, the cholera situation and water, food and medicine shortages in the country, particularly westernmost part of the country.
During the second half of the show, I was joined by the CEO of the Christian charity, American Leprosy Missions, Bill Simmons.
Mr. Simmons discussed the mission of the organization, where their outreach extends and how you the reader/listener can help this important work.
LISTEN to the podcast below:
The Outbreak News This Week Radio Show, the first and only radio program dedicated to infectious disease and health news and information, airs every Sunday at 8 pm ET in the Tampa Bay area on AM 1380 The Biz and online at http://1380thebiz.com/
- Podcast: Screwworms and Creepy Clowns
- Legionnaires’ disease: An interview with Dr. Mark Edwards and Sarah Ferrari
- Haiti, cholera and the aftermath of Hurricane Matthew
- Sepsis: Spreading the word about this medical emergency
- Rabies: A comprehensive interview with Pamela Wilson
- Bioterrorism: An interview with Lawrence Roberge, PhD
- Lyme disease Q & A with Dr. Paul Auwaerter