Angola reported it’s first circulating vaccine-derived poliovirus type 2 (cVDPV2) from Cambulo district of Lunda Notre province. This district borders areas in the Democratic Republic of the Congo where mOPV2 rounds have been conducted in response to ongoing cVDPV2 outbreaks, according to the Global Polio Eradication Initiative.
In addition, Somalia reported one circulating vaccine-derived poliovirus type 2 (cVDPV2) in the past week, from Bari province (Bossaso district).
In Pakistan, an additional wild poliovirus type 1 (WPV1) case was reported in the past week, from North Waziristan, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) province.
Globally, 32 WPV1 cases have been reported from two countries–Pakistan and Afghanistan.
- Tapeworms that infect humans
- Taiwan reports additional local dengue case in Kaohsiung
- Singapore dengue update: 5th fatality reported
- Cost of measles: New York City outbreak
- Smallpox vaccine enters Phase 3 Trial
- Legionnaires’ disease: A personal story
- Princeton University researchers explore hepatitis B and HDV infection using new cell culture system
- Quebec measles: Possible exposure in Laval
- Lyme arthritis: Virginia Tech discovery could lead to improved diagnostics and treatments