By NewsDesk @bactiman63
With the addition of four wild poliovirus type 1 (WPV1) cases this past week, the global total has reached 100, according to the Global Polio Eradication Initiative.
In Afghanistan, one WPV1 case was reported from Bermal in Paktika province and in Pakistan, three WPV1 cases were reported: one from Sujawal in Sindh province and one each from Lakki Marwat and Tank in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province.
This brings the total WPV1 cases in Afghanistan and Pakistan to 20 and 80, respectively in 2019.
In all of 2018, 33 WPV1 cases were reported (Afghanistan-21 and Pakistan-12).
- Polio in the Philippines: 4th case reported in Mindanao
- Minnesota hepatitis outbreak rises to 49 cases
- Bacillus contamination prompts recall of LETS GEL KIT
- Rabies: Karachi man is the latest death in Sindh, Pakistan
- Philippines dengue epidemic up to 370K cases, Indonesia cases up ‘drastically’
- Malaysia dengue update, Selangor urged to draft a long-term blueprint to combat dengue