By NewsDesk @bactiman63
Three additional wild poliovirus 1 (WPV1) cases were reported over the past week–one in Afghanistan and 2 in Pakistan, bringing the global total to 45 in 2020.
In Afghanistan, a WPV1 case was reported in Nimroz province making it the fourth WPV1 case reported in 2020.
Pakistan saw two cases of WPV1: one each in Balochistan and Sindh, bringing the number of 2020 cases to 41.
In addition, seven circulating vaccine-derived poliovirus type 2 (cVDPV2) were reported in Pakistan during this period.
In Africa, Cameroon and Chad both recorded cVDPV2 cases, two and six, respectively.
- New test for COVID-19 may deliver faster results to more people
- Hot Zone author, Richard Preston, warns of Nipah virus
- Malaria concerns for Africa during COVID-19 pandemic
- Cytovale Receives Additional BARDA Funding to Evaluate Rapid Sepsis Diagnostic in Persons Under Investigation (PUI) for COVID-19
- Philippines: UNICEF warns millions of children may miss vaccinations
- Vaginal Yeast Infection treatment: SCYNEXIS announces positive top-line results from its second pivotal Phase 3 Study of Oral Ibrexafungerp
- COVID-19: Two pet cats test positive for SARS-CoV-2 in New York
- Emergex Signs Agreement with George Mason University for Highly Pathogenic RNA Virus Studies