Portugal health officials reported 2,830 additional COVID-19 cases according to data released today. In addition, nine more fatalities were reported,.
Portugal reports 83.4% of the population are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
National Institute of Health Doctor Ricardo Jorge (INSA) recently announced the Delta variant (B.1.617.2) presents a relative frequency of 100% in the week of August 16 to 22 in all regions of the country.
According to the institute, the various variants that have already circulated in the country – among which Beta, Gamma and Alpha, which used to be the predominant one – have a prevalence of 0%, which means that no cases of these strains were detected. of the virus in the last few weeks .
- Israel natural immunity vs. vaccine-induced immunity study, Bangladesh mask study
- Arkansas reports two Eastern Equine Encephalitis cases in Pulaski County horses
- Philippines reports 16K more COVID-19 cases, Dozens of areas in Quezon City under lockdown
- Lymphatic filariasis: Infrared thermal imaging as a novel non-invasive point-of-care tool
- Osaka reports record 3,004 COVID-19 cases Wednesday
- Japan reports first ‘Mu strain’ COVID-19 variant cases