Professor Emeritus of Epidemiology at the Yale School of Public Health, Durland Fish, PhD joined me to discuss the tickborne virus, Powassan. Dr. Fish talked about the history of Powassan, signs and symptoms, geography and some additional thoughts he had on the serious viral disease.
- Lyme advocate discusses CDC MMWR Chronic Lyme article
- Dr Sheila Pinette, Director of the Maine Centers for Disease Control talks Powassan virus in this 2014 interview
- Lyme disease expert talks diagnosis, treatment and ‘chronic Lyme’
- Babesiosis cases likely on the rise
- Did Lyme disease originate out of Plum Island?
- Lyme disease tally tops 12,000 in Pennsylvania
- Lyme discovery: Borrelia bacteria hides inside parasitic worms, causing chronic brain diseases
- Ticks: An interview with Dan Wolff
- Lyme: Q & A with Paul Auwaerter, MD
- Treating Lyme disease: When do symptoms resolve in children?
- Lyme disease in dogs: Forecast map created
- Sen. Schumer calls on HHS Sec Price to implement Lyme disease law immediately