By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
On Sunday, Puerto Rico Governor Wanda Vázquez announced that a curfew will be put in place on the island from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. daily until at least March 30. Only those going to or leaving work, or in an emergency situation, will be allowed out.
To date in Puerto Rico, there has been five positive coronavirus disease 2019, or COVID-19 cases, nine negative and four under evaluation.
In addition, Puerto Rico’s Secretary of Health, Rafael Rodríguez tendered his resignation. “I have learned that there has been a great dissatisfaction in relation to the last incidents of the last days, dissatisfaction that I have also felt. For this reason, at this moment I want to tell the people of Puerto Rico that I have accepted the resignation of the Secretary of Salud,” said the president at a press conference from La Fortaleza.
- China COVID-19: The explosion of cases was largely driven by individuals with mild, limited, or no symptoms who went undetected
- Brazil COVID-19 and dengue fever updates
- COVID-19 testing: Hologic’s Panther Fusion SARS-COV-2 Assay, LabCorp’s RT-PCR test issued EUAs from FDA
- Chinese case study suggests COVID-19 is not transmitted from pregnant mothers to newborns
- Italy COVID-19 death toll tops 2,000
- Costa Rica: State of National Emergency declared, Case count now 41