Bavarian Nordic A/S announced this week the initiation of full commercial operations in the U.S. only eight months after completing the acquisition of the manufacturing and global rights to Rabipur®/RabAvert® (Rabies Vaccine) and Encepur® (Tick-Borne Encephalitis Vaccine) from GlaxoSmithKline plc (GSK).
This ensures complete distribution and marketing of RabAvert in the U.S., a major milestone in the commercial transformation at Bavarian Nordic, advancing the company’s robust infectious disease and vaccines franchise.
Every 10 minutes a person in the U.S. starts post-exposure rabies vaccinations after a suspicious animal bite. Left untreated, rabies is almost always fatal. RabAvert is a sterile, freeze-dried rabies vaccine for both pre-exposure and post-exposure vaccination in all age groups.
“At Bavarian Nordic, we have a compelling infrastructure that aligns with the critical vaccine market needs from basic research and development to commercial operations, manufacturing and distribution,” stated Paul Chaplin, President and CEO of Bavarian Nordic. “We are proud of the speed at which we managed to establish our commercial presence in the U.S. enabling the full commercial support of RabAvert.”
- New Mexico reports 1st plague death of the year in Rio Arriba County
- Philippines report 4,226 new COVID-19 cases, Leads in testing in SE Asia, Former Manila Mayor Alfredo Lim dies
- Facemask efficacy for filtering expelled droplets during speech: Evaluation
- Libertarian Presidential candidate, Jo Jorgensen, gets bitten by a bat, receives rabies PEP
- Virginia reports 4th EEE case in horse, This one in Isle of Wight County
- Onion Salmonella Outbreak Explodes: 85 Hospitalized, 640 Sick in US
- 239 Canadians Sick in Salmonella Outbreak Linked to Onions