On Sunday’s Outbreak News This Week Radio Show, I take a look at the new review in the Lancet Infectious Diseases concerning the resurgence of vector-borne diseases and the implications for spillover in the region, particularly looking at the topic of the malaria epidemic in the country.
I also look at the recent statement by FDA Commissioner Dr. Scott Gottlieb who said if states don’t require more schoolchildren to get vaccinated, the federal government might have to step in.
During the second half I play a portion of my Outbreak News TV interview with CIDRAP director, Dr Mike Osterholm.
The Outbreak News This Week Radio Show, the first and only radio program dedicated to infectious disease and health news and information, airs every Sunday at 1 pm ET in the Tampa Bay area on AM 1380 The Biz and online at http://1380thebiz.com/
- Venezuela epidemics: From measles to malaria with Dr. Alberto Paniz-Mondolfi
- Measles, vaccines and Ebola with Dr Rob Cohen
- The importance of vaccines with Dr. Libby Richards
- Vaccines, autism and a very important book
- Madariaga virus with Dr Glenn Morris
- Top 3 industries that will be impacted by epidemics in 2019 with Metabiota’s Dr Patrick Ayscue
- Animal outbreaks on farms: How do they dispose of the carcasses?
- Rabies: The fatal Virginia case and some important lessons