By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
In a follow-up on the Dengue fever epidemic in Reunion Island, officials report 994 additional confirmed cases from March 29 to April 4.
Cases have been reported in all municipalities of the island. The epidemic is spreading throughout the territory: the western sector remains the most affected (78% of cases), and clusters of cases are observed in other municipalities in the south (Saint Joseph) and in the north (Saint Joseph). – Denise) basically.
Since the first symptoms appeared, several cases have reported a sudden and sometimes severe decrease in vision. To prevent severe forms of the disease, it is essential to consult a doctor in case of fever, headache, muscle / joint pain, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, etc.
Since the beginning of the year, officials have reported 4,572 confirmed cases, including 178 hospital admissions and 518 emergency room visits.
- Syphilis cases spike in the Syracuse area
- Salmonella outbreak sickens 28, Linked to ground turkey
- Hostess SnoBalls recall: Wrong packaging, undeclared Allergen
- About 8,000 babies are born with Chagas every year: PAHO
- Chikungunya Vaccine Candidate: Valneva completes recruitment for Phase 3 trial
- Yellow fever death recorded in Santa Catarina, Brazil
- CDC: Pause the use of the J&J COVID-19 vaccine until reviewed