Romanian health officials reported an additional 109 measles cases from the period of Jun 4-Jun 8 in 14 counties and in Bucharest, according to a National Center for Communicable Disease Control and Control report (computer translated).
This brings the number of confirmed cases since 2016 to 13,871. In addition, 55 measles related fatalities were reported during this period.
Measles continues to spread across Europe as the vaccination coverage in many EU/EEA countries is suboptimal.
- Salmonella sickens dozens in the Midwest, linked to pre-cut melons
- Louisville hepatitis A outbreak: Hundreds of cases, 3 deaths
- Hepatitis A: Additional cases confirmed in Nashville
- Newcastle disease: A dozen cases confirmed in San Bernardino County in past two weeks
- Reunion dengue outbreak continues with 368 additional cases
- Thailand dengue update, Phuket continues to be hardest hit province
- Zylast hand sanitizer effective against MRSA, Ebola? FDA says not proven, complaint filed
- Toronto investigates imported measles case
- Ukraine measles outbreak near 20,000 cases, 40 percent in adults
- Airborne flu virus protected by mucus: ‘Just as infectious at all humidity levels’