By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
In a follow-up on the measles situation in Romania, the Institutul Naţional de Sănătate Publică reported (computer translated) an additional 54 new confirmed cases in 9 counties and in Bucharest during the past week.
In 2019 through Sept. 6, 2,614 cases, including five deaths have been reported, the most in the EU.
Since the outbreak began in October 2016, Romania has reported 18,268 and 64 deaths.
Europe has reported approximately 90,000 measles cases during the first half of the year. This is more than that recorded for the whole of 2018 (84,462).
- Bronx’s Largest Mitchell-Lama Properties Source of Legionnaires Illnesses
- Naegleria fowleri case reported in Texas
- Guam reports first local dengue case in decades
- Tularemia: Sweden cases slow, 800 cases to date
- England reports most quarterly mumps in a decade, London measles outbreak
- Mobile County reports 1st human West Nile virus case of 2019
- Ireland: ‘Crypto’ incidence in drinking water is high
- Belgium: Suspected Salmonella outbreak sickens scores at Bruges school