By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
Health officials report a national COVID-19 case count of 599,705 confirmed cases, including 8,359 deaths.
The City of Moscow and the Moscow region account for more than 270,000 cases, followed by St. Petersburg with 22,632.
The long-awaited stage of phased removal of restrictions has begun. Professor Igor Molchanov, the chief specialist of the anesthesiologist-resuscitator of the Ministry of Health of Russia said in order to prevent negative consequences: “Maintaining commitment to individual preventive measures, doctor’s prescriptions. Mandatory wearing masks in public places, on transport. Favorable trends can be quite insidious. Another important measure is maintaining social distance. If possible, avoid crowds.”
On June 16, the Russian Ministry of Health issued permission to conduct clinical trials of two forms of the vaccine against the new coronavirus infection COVID-19, developed by the Federal State Budget Scientific Research Center of Epidemiology and Microbiology named after N.F. Gamalei of the Ministry of Health of Russia. A clinical study of the COVID-19 vaccine began on June 17.
Studies of two forms of vaccine: liquid and lyophilized – will be carried out in two medical institutions in Moscow. The vaccine in the form of a solution for intramuscular administration will be carried out in a military hospital. Burdenko. Another, in the form of a powder for the preparation of a solution for intramuscular administration, is at Sechenovskiy University. The research will be attended by 2 groups of volunteers of 38 people each.
A clinical trial directly during a pandemic is a unique case. Therefore, unprecedented measures were taken – potential participants in the study, who will only be screened, spent two weeks in the sanatorium on observation.
- Cyclospora outbreak grows in the Midwest
- Singapore dengue outbreak expected to top 2013 numbers, DENV3 presents special problems
- Retailers Recall Bagged Salads Linked to Cyclospora Bagged Salad Outbreak
- Kenya: Four Leishmaniasis deaths reported in Kitui County, Kenya
- Ebola: Équateur Province outbreak rises to 23 cases
- A second COVID-19 wave could be avoided if social distancing and the use of face masks are maintained: Spanish researchers
- Nigeria COVID-19: Cases top 20,000; Testing with GeneXpert, rapid test kits