By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
The Russian Ministry of Health reported an additional 2976 confirmed COVID-19 cases today, putting the country over the 1 million case mark, the fourth country to do so (the US, Brazil and India are the others).
Yesterday, the health ministry offered recommendations for parents of schoolchildren concerning COVID-19 as the news that full-time education in schools was resuming in Russia.
First, it is necessary to provide the child with information about the dangers of coronavirus and the importance of adhering to preventive measures in an accessible and visual way .
Second, it is important to demonstrate adherence to preventive measures by personal example (wearing a mask and gloves, washing hands thoroughly, minimizing physical contact and visiting crowded places, observing social distancing).
In addition, it is extremely important to monitor the child’s compliance with personal hygiene measures (be sure to check hand washing, use of sanitizers).
Parents need to be aware of the symptoms of COVID-19 and, if necessary, be in constant contact with their doctor.
- Taiwan reports additional local dengue fever case in Taoyuan City
- Canada: Dozens of additional Salmonella cases linked to imported red onions reported
- DRC Ebola outbreak continues to show rising case numbers
- Chikungunya outbreak reported in Chad, 6,000 cases reported in 2 weeks
- Ukraine reports 16 salmonella outbreaks so far this year
- Lyme Disease: University of Idaho leads research team studying movement of tick-borne disease