By NewsDesk @bactiman63
In a follow-up on the dengue fever outbreak in Saint Lucia, the Ministry of Health and Wellness reported a total of 1,816 dengue cases (1,316 confirmed, 500 suspect), including 3 deaths attributed to Dengue infection.
Currently the hospitalization rate is at 20 percent. The Districts with the highest number of cases include Gros Islet, Castries, Vieux Fort, Castries B, Micoud, and Dennery.
Both Dengue serotypes 2 and 3 continue to be prevalent in confirmed cases.
On 26 August 2020, St. Lucia’s Ministry of Health and Wellness declared an outbreak of dengue fever.
September was the peak month with 32% of new cases, followed by October with 28%. November and December reported fewer cases (9% and 2% respectively) suggesting a decline and a move toward the end of the epidemic curve.
- Leptospirosis cases up in Fiji with 5 deaths recorded
- Ebola outbreak declared in Guinea, 4th case confirmed in DRC
- Ebola resurgence in Guinea? Health Minister responds
- Cook Islands dengue outbreak grows, Mass cleaning campaign begins
- Florida: Rabies alerts issued in Flagler and Marion counties
- Uzbekistan: Botulism outbreak reported in Samarkand region, Linked to canned tomatoes
- Hantavirus: Argentina reports 5 cases in Salta since beginning of 2021
- Cold sores: Discovery reveals how stress, illness and even sunburn trigger flareups
- Fauci, et al discuss SARS-CoV-2 viral variants in JAMA editorial
- XDR Salmonella Typhi infections among U.S. residents without international travel