The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) announced that Hain Celestial Canada, ULC is recalling Europe’s Best brand Field Berry Mixes from the marketplace due to possible Salmonella contamination.
|Brand Name||Common Name||Size||Code(s) on Product||UPC|
|Europe’s Best||Field Berry Mix||600 g||2020MA03
|8 71454 03618 7|
|Europe’s Best||4-Field Berry Mix||2 kg||2020MA02||8 71454 00200 7|
This recall was triggered by a recall in another country. The CFIA is conducting a food safety investigation, which may lead to the recall of other products.
Check to see if you have recalled products in your home. Recalled products should be thrown out or returned to the store where they were purchased.
Food contaminated with Salmonella may not look or smell spoiled but can still make you sick. Young children, pregnant women, the elderly and people with weakened immune systems may contract serious and sometimes deadly infections. Healthy people may experience short-term symptoms such as fever, headache, vomiting, nausea, abdominal cramps and diarrhea. Long-term complications may include severe arthritis.
- Study explores why the global estimates for tuberculosis mortality differ according to the institution that provides them
- Europe: Drug resistant Klebsiella pneumoniae reported in travelers to the Canary Islands
- Plague: 2nd cat in Elmore County, Idaho contracts the disease
- Lymphogranuloma venereum (LGV) cases up 15 percent in Europe
- DrPH Health Security track at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health to launch next year