By: Candess Zona-Mendola of MakeFoodSafe
Kirkwood’s Chicken Cordon Bleu appears to be the suspected source.
The Minnesota Department of Agriculture collected for testing five raw frozen breaded stuffed chicken products from a grocery store where an ill person purchased these products. Of those tested, two samples from Kirkwood’s Chicken Cordon Bleu came back as positive for the outbreak strain.
No recall has yet been initiated.
- Norovirus-like illness outbreak linked to Seattle-area restaurant
- South Africa reports 1st imported case of a hantavirus
- Finland enters tick season, Offers advice for public
- Salmonella Braenderup outbreak in Sweden grows, Part of international outbreak
- Australia: Meningococcal disease reported in Adelaide infant
- Brazil: Histoplasma is a major cause of death in people with HIV
- China reports 1st known human case of H10N3 avian influenza