The San Francisco Department of Public Health has reported a confirmed measles case in a resident, the first case since 2013.
The patient is an adult who was exposed to measles during an international flight. Although measles is no longer endemic in the United States, measles epidemics overseas have resulted in imported cases and resulting secondary cases.
- New York City to Boston bus trip and a traveler with measles
- Typhoid: Introduction of conjugate vaccine, progress and challenges
- Measles in Ukraine: Vaccination rate for newborn babies was only 54 per cent in 2018
- Nigeria reports 1st vaccine-derived poliovirus case of 2019
- Philippines Red Cross: 2.6 million children could be at risk for measles
- Tetanus: First pediatric case in >30 years in Oregon
- ‘We’re quickly getting to a scary place that’s called a post-antibiotic world’: Researchers
- Iceland: All four measles cases were unvaccinated
- Dengue cases up 67 percent in the Philippines