“Lyme disease is growing and growing and growing”, New York Democratic Senator Chuck Schumer said in a press conference at Central Park on Sunday.
Schumer, who was part of passing a Lyme disease law in 2016, is calling on Washington to implement it.
“We need that implementation done now, Schumer said. I am calling on the Secretary of Health and Human Services to implement the law immediately.
“As the scourge of Lyme disease gets greater and greater and greater here in the New York area and throughout America.”
21st Century Cures Act passed through the Senate and was signed by President Obama last December.
The Act covered funding for several areas to include modifying the FDA approval process, the opioid epidemic and prioritizing the research, vaccine development and treatment strategies to help stamp out tick-borne diseases, including Lyme disease.
- Lyme disease: Global Lyme Diagnostics announces new test is available
- Dr. Rand Paul explains support of 21st Century Cures Act
- NY Senator Chuck Schumer calls on FDA to investigate shortage of doxycycline during heavy Lyme disease season
- Schumer: ‘Inaction on Zika could be a public health disaster for Long Island’
- Lyme disease bill heads to President’s desk: Senator Gillibrand
Visit myLABBox.com for easy, convenient and fast screening solutions for prevalent STDs, all in the privacy of your own home.