By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
In a follow-up on the novel coronavirus (2019-NoCv) situation in Shanghai, China, a city with a population of some 24 million, city health officials report (computer translated) four additional confirmed cases, bringing the total in the city to six.
The new patients include three males and one female. Among them, 3 cases had a history of residence or travel in Wuhan, and 1 case was found from close contacts. All of them have received isolation treatment at designated hospitals. Close contacts are receiving medical observation.
The patients are currently in stable condition.
Another three suspected cases are under investigation.
- Brazilian hemorrhagic fever case reported in São Paulo state
- Novel coronavirus case confirmed in Taiwan
- Wuhan health officials: More than 250 novel coronavirus cases, 6 deaths
- Update on the measles outbreak in the Pacific Islands
- Suspect coronavirus case investigated in Cebu City, Philippines
- Singapore records more than 1,100 dengue cases in 1st three weeks of 2020
- Cameroon monkeypox: Follow-up and more details
- South Africa: Carbapenem-resistant Klebsiella pneumoniae outbreak at Tembisa hospital neonatal unit