By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
Last month, Kansas state health officials announced the investigation of a number of illnesses (Shigellosis) linked to a water park outside of Wichita.
In this video, I look at the Shigellosis outbreak linked to the Tanganyika Wildlife Park.
I also dive into the disease and it’s symptoms, risk factors, diagnosis and treatment/prevention.
- Santos, São Paulo reports 5000 percent increase in chikungunya
- Philippines COVID-19 variant update, Stricter border control to prevent Lambda variant
- Russia: 14 Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever cases reported in Stavropol
- Brazil: Chikungunya cases up dramatically in São Paulo
- British Columbia: Rabies risk after contact with an injured bat at White Pine Beach, Belcarra
- Tyson Foods recall: Frozen, fully cooked chicken products due to possible Listeria
- Powassan virus and Anaplasmosis reports in the Northeast US
- Oakland Zoo begins vaccinating animals with donated experimental COVID-19 vaccine
- Portugal: Curfews reimposed, ‘The conditions are not met to say that the pandemic is under control’
- Philippines: Baguio City reports rise in dengue
- India: Two human rabies deaths reported in Dimapur, Nagaland
- Lassa virus vaccine trial in Nigeria, Liberia and Sierra Leone
- CDC investigates Listeria outbreak linked to precooked chicken