I recently read a report from India about miners in certain areas of the country coming down with a condition called silicosis.
Demand from India’s booming construction industry for granite, sandstone and other minerals has seen the commissioning of more and more stone quarries and people to work in the quarries.
What is silicosis and how common is it here in the United States?
Joining me today to talk about silicosis is Cedric “Jamie” Rutland, M.D., Dr Rutland is a Pulmonary and Critical Care Physician and a National Volunteer Medical Spokesperson for the American Lung Association.
- Outbreak News This Week Radio Show 10-28-18
- Lymphatic filariasis elimination: ‘The Government of Vietnam really deserve congratulations’
- Acute flaccid myelitis in Minnesota: An interview with Michael Osterholm, PhD
- Listeria monocytogenes: Who’s most at risk, pathology and common sources
- Flu shots: Some protection is better than no protection
- Leptospirosis: Risk, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment
- Florida experiencing high levels of mosquito-borne virus transmission: How to protect yourself?
- Monkeypox: Q&A with Dr Warren Andiman
- Infectious diseases: Some select ‘pearls’ with Sandra Gompf, MD