By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
The South Korean Ministry of Health and Welfare reported 166 COVID-19 cases Saturday, making this the highest number of cases seen in the country since mid-March.
The bulk of the cases reported today were reported from Seoul and the surrounding provinces. Seoul reported 74 cases, while 72 cases were reported from neighboring Gyeonggi-do.
This is the second day in a row the country has seen cases above 100.
To date, 305 deaths have been recorded.
- New Zealand: COVID-19 cluster rises to 35, Auckland lockdown extended
- Colorado rabies: 16 kids possibly exposed to bat that tested positive
- Ebola outbreak: New cases reported in Lotumbe and Monieka health zones
- Philippines dengue cases down 66% in 2020
- Philippines: Nearly 2,000 COVID-19 cases reported in Manila, DOH observes ‘World Mask Week’
- Sudan reports polio outbreak
- Seattle: University of Washington team developing model to help lower COVID-19 infections
- Spain: Crimean-Congo Hemorrhagic fever fatality reported in Castilla y León
- COVID-19 testing: Researchers develop new 20 minute test