By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
The South Korea coronavirus outbreak continues to rage as officials report an additional 256 COVID-19 cases, bringing the total to 2,022.
According to the South Korea CDC, of the new cases, 182 were located in the southeastern city of Daegu. The city is home to the Shincheonji Church of Jesus, in which more than half the country’s cases are associated.
The death toll remains at 13.
In China, 327 new confirmed cases and 44 new deaths (41 in Hubei, 2 in Beijing, and Xinjiang Production and Construction Corps 1 Cases) were reported Thursday.
This brings the total to 78,824 confirmed cases and 2,788 deaths.
- Aspergillosis, a new kind of antifungal drug and World Aspergillosis Day
- Global outbreaks: How effective is traveler screening?
- Mumps outbreak reported at San Diego State University
- Europe: Denmark reports 1st COVID-19 case, Italy cases top 500
- Nigeria reports another 102 Lassa fever cases
- Flu vaccine: FDA approves FLUAD® QUADRIVALENT for adults 65 years and older
- Japan COVID-19: Osaka woman reinfected as case count nears 200
- COVID-19: Possible community transmission in California