By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
The number of COVID-19 cases in South Korea continue to rise at an incredible pace, in fact now doubling the number of new cases officially being reported out of China.
The Korea CDC reported an additional 813 cases in the past 24 hours, bringing the total to 3,150, including 17 deaths.
To demonstrate how large the outbreak has grown, 10 days ago, South Korea reported 31 COVID-19 cases–it is now over 3100!
In China, 427 new confirmed cases and 47 new deaths (45 in Hubei, 1 in Beijing, and 1 in Henan) were reported Friday.
This brings the totals in China to 79,251 confirmed cases, including 2,835 deaths.
- COVID-19 outbreak: CDC recommends that travelers avoid all nonessential travel to Italy
- COVID-19 in the US: ‘Presumptive positive’ cases reported in Washington and Oregon
- California COVID-19: Santa Clara County case is second possible instance of community transmission
- Caribbean Princess voyage being cut short, GI outbreak affects 245
- Iceland reports 1st COVID-19 case, recently in Northern Italy
- Toxoplasmosis treatment: FDA approves generic of Daraprim
- Paraguay reports an additional 30K dengue cases last week