By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
Spain’s total coronavirus disease, of COVID-19 case count has risen to 200,210, after reporting an additional 4266 cases, according to the latest data from the Ministry of Health. 20,852 deaths have been reported.
On Sunday, a plane with medical supplies from Shanghai, China landed at the Torrejón de Ardoz air base. The Airbus A400M of the Spanish Air Force was transporting two million surgical masks purchased by the Ministry of Health to face the COVID-19 crisis.
This material is destined for the regular flow of distribution that the Ministry of Health maintains between the autonomous communities and other organizations and through which it has distributed nearly 67 million masks since last March 10. An amount to which these two million more are now added.
Specifically, between the 10th and 17th of April the Ministry of Health has distributed nearly 60 million units of different types of medical equipment such as protective equipment, detection tests or ventilation devices between the autonomous communities. The largest volume of distribution has been that of masks with more than 50.1 million.
The protection equipment sent to the Autonomous Communities includes, in addition to masks, nitrile gloves (about 27.7 million units have been distributed), protective glasses (218,476 units), divers (415,578 units), disposable gowns (312,553) hydroalcoholic solutions (262,371 units) and accessories such as leggings, hats and aprons (747,371 units).
- Ebola in DRC: Six new cases in past week, Concerns as patient escapes clinic
- Brazil dengue: Mato Grosso do Sul reports 2nd most cases
- Hydroxychloroquine: Novartis reaches agreement with FDA to proceed with a Phase III clinical trial in hospitalized COVID-19 patients
- Calls for banning wet markets and the illegal pangolin trade
- Neonatal herpes following ritual circumcision (metzitzah b’peh)
- 5 MUST READ books on Infectious diseases
- COVID-19 in Africa: Researchers say world must help continent in staying ahead of the curve