By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
With the addition of a confirmed coronavirus disease 2019, or COVID-19 case Saturday, the total case count in Sri Lanka now stands at 78 with one case reported in January and 77 reported in March.
Colombo district has reported the most cases with 16, followed by Gampaha with 10. 31 cases are reported in quarantine centers.
The gender and age distribution shows that cases in males outnumber females two to one and more than 80 percent of cases are between 21 and 60 years of age.
No deaths have been reported in Sri Lanka to date.
The Bureau of Epidemiology has reported 17,868 dengue fever cases so far in 2020 with the highest number of cases reported in Colombo (2576), Trincomalee (2077) and Batticaloa (1902) districts.
Cases reported have been declining since January.
- Wisconsin: 281 COVID-19 cases reported, nearly half in Milwaukee
- Austria COVID-19 outbreak tops 3,000 cases, Quarantine measures in certain areas
- Brazil Ministry of Health declares national community transmission
- Fake COVID-19 tests seized at O’Hare, Chicago joins the State of Illinois in issuing a Stay at Home order
- Louisiana coronavirus deaths rise to 20
- Italy COVID-19 cases, deaths skyrocket: New restrictions imposed