The Florida Department of Health in Pinellas County (DOH-Pinellas) has identified a positive case of hepatitis A in a food service worker in St. Pete Beach.
Following lab confirmation on November 1, DOH-Pinellas immediately began conducting an epidemiological investigation and today determined the individual worked at Toasted Monkey located at 6110 Gulf Blvd between October 17 – 28.
If you frequented this restaurant October 17 – 28, and have not previously been vaccinated for hepatitis A, you should be vaccinated. If you have previously received the hepatitis A vaccine you do not need to take additional action. DOH-Pinellas is offering the vaccine at the following locations:
- St. Petersburg: 205 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. St. N
- Pinellas Park: 6350 76th Ave. N
- Mid-County (Largo): 8751 Ulmerton Rd
- Clearwater: 310 N. Myrtle Ave
- Tarpon Springs: 301 S. Disston Ave
Vaccination is the best way to prevent hepatitis A.