By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
The Swedish Public Health Authority reported Friday (computer translated) the first imported novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) case in Jönköping County.
The case is a woman who visited the Wuhan area in China, and who had symptoms in the form of cough, after arriving in Sweden. She landed in Sweden on January 24 and was then symptom free. The woman contacted the care herself.
The Jönköping County Region has followed the guidelines that exist regarding suspected infection and the woman is currently isolated at the infection clinic. The woman had symptoms in the form of cough and she is not seriously ill.
The Public Health Authority has carried out about 20 analyzes of samples from people who have had respiratory symptoms after staying in the affected area in China.
- Lyme disease and pregnancy: CDC website updates
- Nigeria battles Lassa fever
- Boston: Novel coronavirus case reported in Massachusetts
- Novel coronavirus update: One month in….
- Tonga continues to report measles cases
- Russia reports first imported novel coronavirus cases
- CDC estimates 10,000 flu deaths to date
- Bavaria, Germany: 7th locally acquired novel coronavirus case, China case count update