Health officials in South Korea are reporting a three-fold increase in syphilis cases over the past 5 years.
776 cases were reported in 2013 and this exploded to 2,138 cases last year.
Nearly four out of 10 cases were in people in their 20s. Increases in cases were seen in all age groups including the over 60s.
Sexually transmitted diseases– syphilis and others rose from 10,640 in 2013 to 27,277 last year.
- Congenital syphilis more than double since 2013 in the US
- Houston: Syphilis cases up 59 percent in the first half of 2018
- Syphilis cases up nearly 300 percent in Pennsylvania in past decade
- Leptospirosis: Cases skyrocket in Pangasinan, Philippines
- Japan rubella cases top 1,100; Most cases in 4 years
- Thailand updates: Dengue, rabies and measles
- Philippines Dengvaxia controversy results in dramatic drop in public vaccine confidence
- Lymphatic filariasis elimination: ‘The Government of Vietnam really deserve congratulations’
- Philippines: HIV cases ‘drastically increased over the last couple of years’