Taiwan health officials reported six additional locally acquired dengue fever cases — four in Taichung City and two in new Taipei.
So far this year in Taiwan, 69 indigenous cases of dengue fever have been reported with the bilk of cases in Taichung City (36) and new Taipei (25). Additional cases have been seen in Kaohsiung City (3), two each in Taipei and Chiayi County and one case in Taoyuan.
The Taiwan CDC urges the public to not take the issue lightly. They recommend the public to empty standing bodies of water, keep your home clean, and make sure your environment is properly clean and your water source sanitized.
- Thailand dengue cases top 50,000
- Mumps outbreak reported at Perak school
- Laos launches first ever cholera vaccination campaign
- Hong Kong: Additional local dengue case, Scientific Committee on Vector-borne Diseases meets
- Hand, foot and mouth disease cases up 127 percent in Malaysia
- Japan reports rise in Rubella cases, prompting calls for vaccination
- Philippines: Leptospirosis up 350 percent in Manila