By NewsDesk @bactiman63
In recent days, Taiwan health officials reported 11 additional domestic cases of dengue fever, bringing the total to 32 this year.
On Saturday, the Taiwan Department of Disease Control (CDC) announced that there were 9 new confirmed cases of dengue fever in New Taipei City, 6 males and 3 females, aged in their 50s to 80s, all living in the Three Gorges District.
This was followed by another two domestic cases of dengue fever reported today in males in their 50s, living in Datongli, Bade District, Taoyuan City and Wuliaoli, Sanxia District, New Taipei City. Among them, the case in Bade District, Taoyuan City has a history of activities in Wuliaoli, Three Gorges District, New Taipei City.
The CDC further stated that the Bade District of Taoyuan City, except for the home, would go to the Wuliao Activity Center in Wuliao, Sanxia District, New Taipei City every day to purchase bamboo shoots; the case in the Three Gorges District of New Taipei City was announced on September 16 in Wuliao. The family members of the case in Li also often go to the Wuliao Jianshan Bamboo Garden to pick bamboo shoots. Based on the history of the activities of two people and the current situation of the epidemic, the infected area is the 5 neighbors and 6 neighbors of Wuliao Li and the Wuliao Jianshan Bamboo Garden. This is a new case of the Wuliao cluster; a total of 16 people have been diagnosed in the cluster so far. (14 cases in Sanxia District, New Taipei City, 1 case each in Guishan District and Bade District, Taoyuan City).
The CDC pointed out that in response to the local cluster epidemic in the Three Gorges District of New Taipei City, the health unit continued to strengthen its prevention and control efforts, and carried out investigations of vector mosquitoes, removal of breeding sources, and chemical prevention and control work around the homes and activities of the case. Local people are requested to actively cooperate with the government. Preventive measures to ensure the health of oneself and relatives and friends. Up to now, a total of 243 people with relevant contact history have been listed, of which 240 were tested, 13 were positive, 193 were negative, 31 were under test, and 3 were awaiting second test. Community monitoring will continue until October 24 .
Of the 32 total locally acquired dengue cases reported in Taiwan this year, 17 lived in Taoyuan City (15 in Taoyuan District, 1 in Guishan District and 1 in Bade District), and 15 in New Taipei City (14 in Three Gorges District, Zhonghe District 1 case); another 59 cases have been imported from abroad. The infected countries are mostly Southeast Asian countries such as Indonesia, the Philippines and Vietnam.
- China: Suspect bubonic plague case reported in Yunnan Province
- SARS-CoV-2 commercial antibody kits: Accuracy varies widely according to researchers
- Rabies in the Americas: Dog-mediated human rabies has been reduced by almost 98%
- Naegleria fowleri: Lake Jackson, Texas issues a a disaster declaration after the brain-eating amoeba is detected in its water system
- Lyme disease: Texas A&M researcher receives award for work on diagnostic test
- Michigan Eastern Equine Encephalitis: One human case, 32 animals
- COVID-19 vaccine data: strong immune response induced, protecting against infection, Clover Biopharmaceuticals announces
- Philippines nears 300K COVID-19 cases, Baguio to pilot rapid antigen testing