By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
The Taiwan Department of Disease Control reported a new case of local dengue fever in Kaohsiung City. It is a 60-year-old woman living in Wenhengli, Fengshan District. She has no recent history of foreign travel.
On October 30, she developed fever, muscle and joint pain, posterior orbital pain and nausea. Symptoms, respectively, went to the clinic on the same day and November 2, and went to the hospital on November 3 for medical treatment for dengue fever NS1. She was diagnosed with dengue virus type 2.
This is the 100th local dengue transmission in Taiwan this year. To date, 58 cases were reported in Kaohsiung City, 31 cases in Tainan City, 7 cases in New Taipei City, 2 cases in Taipei City, and 1 case in Taoyuan City and Taichung City.
In addition to the local cases, Taiwan has reported 458 imported cases.
- Dengue sexual transmission reported in Madrid
- Hong Kong reports 1st local dengue case of 2019
- Frozen crayfish linked to Sweden Salmonella outbreak, Product recall
- Dengue kills more than 80 people in Sri Lanka this year
- Investigational VesiculoVax vaccine protects macaques against several hemorrhagic fever viruses endemic in Africa
- Measles cases in New Zealand top 2,000
- Malaysia: Additional rabies death reported in Sarawak