The Department of Disease Control announced the first case of local dengue fever in Tainan City. It is a 30-year-old male in Jiadingli, Yongkang District.
Dengue virus type 2 was confirmed by laboratory testing.
In addition, Kaohsiung City reported an additional local case on June 29, which is a 10-year-old girl from Dingjinli in Sanmin District. Dengue virus type 4 was identified.
So far this year, there have been 29 cases of local dengue fever in Taiwan. One case (Yongkang District) in Tainan City and 28 cases in Kaohsiung City (25 cases in Sanmin District, 1 case in Fengshan District, Gushan District and Qianzhen District), and Sanmin District.
In addition, there has been 182 imported dengue cases, the highest in 10 years, primarily from Indonesia, the Philippines and Vietnam.
- England: Confirmed mumps cases highest in five years
- Vietnam also battling anti-vaccine sentiment
- Costa Rica: Dengue cases up 70 percent in 2019
- Philippines rabies: Western Visayas human deaths, Legazpi City ‘state of calamity’
- Researcher explores how urbanization affects wildlife, spread of Lyme disease
- Chikungunya Lab Error
- 2-year-old boy dies from E Coli infection linked to San Diego County Fair