By NewsDesk @bactiman63
Taiwan’s Department of Disease Control announced a new domestic case of dengue fever in the country.
This is a 30-year-old male in Shuxili, Shulin District, New Taipei City. The case experienced headaches, dizziness, nausea, fever and bone and joint pains from October 3 to October 6, but did not improve after several visits to the doctor. At the time of medical treatment on the 6th, the NS1 rapid screening test was positive for dengue fever and was notified by the hospital. He was diagnosed with type 1 dengue fever.
Based on the history of the case and the current epidemic situation, this is a new case in the Wuliao Li cluster; a total of 43 people have been diagnosed in the cluster so far (34 cases in Three Gorges District, New Taipei City, 2 cases in Tucheng District, Luzhou District and Shulin District each 1 case; 3 cases in Guishan District, 1 case in Bade District, 1 case in Zhongli District, Taoyuan City).
This is the 60th local dengue fever case reported in the country this year. In addition to the local cases, another 59 cases have been imported from abroad.
- Lake Jackson Naegleria fowleri: Splash pad source of amoeba, Boil water notice rescinded
- Cardiovascular disease may double a patient’s risk of dying from COVID-19: Study
- India: COVID-19 tally tops 7 million, Explanations for low death rate
- COVID-19 combo treatment tested in NIH clinical trial
- France COVID-19: 70 departments are in a situation of high vulnerability
- Brazil COVID-19 cases top 5 million, Vaccines update