Temple University mumps
According to an update Friday, Temple University Student Health Services report 12 Temple students have tested positive for mumps and 37 are listed as probable.
Local media reports there are 49 confirmed mumps cases in Philadelphia and surrounding counties linked to the outbreak at the college. Forty-six are in Philadelphia and three are in the surrounding counties.
Pennsylvania hepatitis A
The Pennsylvania Department of Health (DOH) says it has seen an increase in hepatitis A cases beginning in 2018, and has continued in 2019. A total of 102 cases were reported in 2018, and 34 hepatitis A cases have been reported to date in 2019.
The 34 hepatitis A cases reported thus far in 2019 is a 300% increase in cases reported compared to the same time period in the previous 5 years.
Multiple U.S. states have been experiencing large, ongoing hepatitis A outbreaks affecting people who use drugs and/or people who are homeless, including neighboring states such as Ohio and West Virginia. In Ohio, 1,931 outbreak-related cases have been reported, and 2,415 cases have been reported in West Virginia.
- Ocean County: 3rd measles case reported, a new outbreak
- Schistosomiasis: 2 million Nigerian children receive treatment
- Philippines: Dengue cases top 40K in 1st two months of 2019
- Salmonella Outbreak Linked to The Grille at Gold Dust West in Elko, Nevada
- 18 infections you can get from mosquitoes
- Philippines: Measles death toll tops 300
- Chickenpox outbreak reported at Walton, KY school
- Winter Park, Florida: Rabies alert issued
- Indiana University reports 3rd mumps case