By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
A recent report on Amarin TV discusses the death of a Thai professor who contracted the bacterial infection, Streptococcus suis from cutting her hand while preparing pork.
What is Streptococcus suis and what is the pathology and risk factors?
Lastly, what is the situation in Thailand?
- Portugal: Curfews reimposed, ‘The conditions are not met to say that the pandemic is under control’
- Philippines: Baguio City reports rise in dengue
- India: Two human rabies deaths reported in Dimapur, Nagaland
- Lassa virus vaccine trial in Nigeria, Liberia and Sierra Leone
- CDC investigates Listeria outbreak linked to precooked chicken
- Delta variant is dominant coronavirus strain in Wales
- Finland: COVID-19 rise linked in part to football fans returning from Russia
- Third death due to Naegleria fowleri in Karachi reported
- Hepatitis A cases in New Caledonia: Cases reach 300 in first half of 2021
- Eastern Equine Encephalitis: Florida reports 8th and 9th cases of 2021
- Florida reports rabies case in Volusia County horse
- China receives malaria-free certification from WHO