By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
The case is a 61-year-old Chinese woman living in Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China. On 5 January 2020, she developed fever with chills, sore throat and headache. On 8 January 2020, she took a direct flight to Thailand from Wuhan City together with five family members in a tour group of 16 people. The traveler with febrile illness was detected on the same day by thermal surveillance at Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK), Thailand, and was hospitalized the same day. After temperature check and initial assessment, she was transferred to the hospital for further investigations and treatment.
She reported a history of visiting a local fresh market in Wuhan on regular basis prior to the onset of illness on 5 January 2020; however, she did not report visiting the Huanan South China Seafood Market from where most of the cases were detected.
As the traveler did not report having visited the market linked to most of the other cases, WHO says it is vital that investigations continue to identify the source of infection.
- Benin reports meningitis outbreak in Banikoara Commune
- Chikungunya cases triple in 2019 in Thailand
- Thailand is the 1st country outside China to report novel coronavirus
- Tonga measles outbreak 2019-2020 update
- Michigan reports 1st pediatric flu deaths of the season
- Influenza activity remains elevated and widespread in the US
- Wuhan, China pneumonia outbreak update