By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
The Thailand Public Health Ministry reported (computer translated) during a teleconference today on two additional confirmed novel coronavirus cases in the country.
The two patients include the first Thai resident, a a 73-year-old woman who recently returned from Wuhan City, China. She is currently being treated at a hospital in Nakhon Pathom.
The second is a Chinese male tourist who was screened for high fever at the Suvarnabhumi Airport on January 19, currently undergoing treatment at the Bamrasnaradura Institute.
To date, Thailand has not reported any human-to-human transmission, officials noted.
Officials say that all hospitals will upgrade surveillance measures during the Lunar New Year.
- Novel coronavirus reported in traveler in Washington State, Health screening to begin in Atlanta, Chicago
- China coronavirus: More cases confirmed in Guangdong province
- Shanghai novel coronavirus tally up to 6
- Brazilian hemorrhagic fever case reported in São Paulo state
- Novel coronavirus case confirmed in Taiwan
- Wuhan health officials: More than 250 novel coronavirus cases, 6 deaths