To get the latest updates and advice on a myriad of travel health topics, I was joined by nurse practitioner and President and CEO of Passport Health of Tampa, Dr. Duellyn Pandis on the Outbreak News This Week Radio Show.
We discussed several travel destinations and the travel issues and advice for each. Dr. Pandis went over in detail the issue with the yellow fever vaccine shortage and the alternatives.
In addition, prevention of mosquito bites and the numerous diseases you can contract during travel was emphasized.
Dr. Pandis also discussed the work of Passport Health of Tampa and what a typical travel consultation would be like.
Learn more at Passport Health of Tampa or call 813-969-3757
LISTEN to the interview below:
The Outbreak News This Week Radio Show, the first and only radio program dedicated to infectious disease and health news and information, airs every Sunday at 8 pm ET in the Tampa Bay area on AM 1380 The Biz and online at http://1380thebiz.com/
Subscribe, listen, follow and comment on the podcasts at iTunes and Stitcher Radio
- Canine influenza 101: An interview with Dr. Cynda Crawford
- Antibiotic resistant bacterial infection, bacteriophage therapy and an amazing story
- Dr. Mike Osterholm discusses infectious diseases and his new book ‘Deadliest Enemy: Our War Against Killer Germs’
- Chagas disease: An interview with Patricia Dorn, PhD
- Treating recurrent C. diff with freeze-dried FMT: An interview with Dr Herbert DuPont
- Vaccines, the WI-38 cell strain and 10 million lives saved: A conversation with Dr. Leonard Hayflick
- Baylisascaris: An interview with Dr. Kevin Kazacos
- Leprosy research to look at the role of ticks as vectors of disease
- Lyme disease expert talks diagnosis, treatment and ‘chronic Lyme’