The official news agency of the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Emirates News Agency reported two additional COVID-19 cases in a husband and wife visitors from Iran.
The couple are ages 70 and 64 and the initial case, the husband is in unstable condition and being treated in the intensive care unit.
The last case brings the number of those infected in the UAE to 13 with three having recovered.
The UAE Ministry of Health and Prevention, MoHAP said that it was screening everyone in close contact with the confirmed cases to “avert spreading of the disease and ensure the safety of the community.”
- Iran COVID-19 cases increase to 28
- COVID-19 vaccine: University of Queensland researchers make ‘significant step’
- COVID-19 in the US: CDC update
- COVID-19 cases in South Korea see rapid growth
- Three mumps cases reported at Temple
- Italy COVID-19 cases rise significantly
- Paraguay dengue outbreak tops 100K, Three dengue serotypes circulating now
- Measles outbreaks in the Central African Republic, Ethiopia