By NewsDesk @bactiman63
In a follow-up on the Uganda Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) situation, the Health Ministry is now battling rumors and fake news of EVD cases in other areas of the country.
The Ministry of Health would like to inform you all that there is NO Ebola in Wakiso or any other part of Uganda other than Kasese District.
As of now, we do NOT have any confirmed case of Ebola in Kasese and no suspect cases in isolation. All 4 suspect cases tested NEGATIVE for Ebola.
112 contacts have been line listed for follow up. Once again,please don’t spread rumors about the Ebola outbreak.
Follow Ministry of Health- Uganda, Jane Aceng and World Health Organization Uganda for authentic updates on the current Ebola outbreak.
In related news, the Health Ministry reports ring vaccination against Ebola Virus Disease has started in Kasese District. Contacts to the confirmed Ebola cases who came from DRC and non-vaccinated frontline health and other workers will be vaccinated.
Vaccines have been provided by WHO and Ministry of Health DRC.
- Dengue hemorrhagic fever epidemic declared in Thailand
- Reunion dengue: Authorization to release of sterile mosquitoes in the municipality of Sainte-Marie
- Malaria: Most cases in Trinidad and Tobago are in Venzuelans
- Non-medical Vaccine Exemptions: AMA to expand advocacy and incentives to eliminate
- Vector-borne Diseases, Homelessness: AMA policy adoptions
- Rabies: Signs and symptoms, exposure, transmission and diagnostics