Uganda health officials reported today an additional Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) case and death, the first in eleven days.
According to a tweet earlier today, the Ministry of Health reports:
The positive Ebola case today, 28 Nov 2022, is a 28-week male stillborn to an Ebola survivor mother. The mother, is a 23 year old resident of Kikandwa, Kasanda district who had stillbirth. She was attended to during delivery by an appropriately donned midwife & is in good condition.
Routine contact tracing and additional case investigation are ongoing.
This brings the total confirmed cases to 142, including 56 cumulative deaths.
- Canada: Emerging tick-borne pathogens on the rise in the central part of the country
- Salmonella outbreak in Slovenia, Steak tartare linked as possible source
- Bangladesh dengue cases top 56,000 in 2022
- Iran reports 500% increase in Crimean-Congo Hemorrhagic Fever cases in 2022
- FDA warns of sapovirus risk with certain raw oysters
- Measles outbreak in South Africa: 71 cases in Mpumalanga and Limpopo
- Lebanon cholera outbreak update- November 25
- Philippines measles cases top 500 in 2022
- Paraguay: Dengue and chikungunya cases on the rise