By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
More than 80% of all deaths from COVID-19 in Ukraine are over 60 years old. As of August 14, 2021, 53,255 people died of coronavirus disease, of which 43,566 were aged 60+, according to the Center for Public Health of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine.
Health officials say this is another indication that the elderly are at the highest risk of coronavirus disease. And the older the person, the higher this risk. Thus, the share of people aged 60-69 among the dead is 29% (15,533 people), and people over the age of 70 – 52% (28,033).
The only way to protect yourself from severe COVID-19 and death is through vaccination–Their effectiveness in preventing hospitalization and death is over 90%.
- Finland: Measles case exposes up to 150 people at Turku University Hospital
- Plague in New Mexico: 1st case of 2021
- Ivermectin warning: Increased Poison Control calls in Mississippi
- Florida reports 150K COVID-19 cases in a week, Monoclonal antibody treatments sites opening all over state
- Wisconsin now reports four horses infected with Eastern Equine Encephalitis
- India: Leptospirosis increase reported in Maharashtra
- Sweden: 40% of people born in 2003-2005 had received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine
- Jamaica: Lockdown imposed due to COVID-19 surge, Delta variant detected