According to the Chernivtsi Regional Center for Disease Control and Prevention, an outbreak of chicken pox was recorded in one of the Chernivtsi crisis centers in the period from June 30 to July 4.
20 pupils of the Mykolaiv Regional Children’s Home, evacuated in March 2022, applied for medical assistance. All cases of the disease with characteristic symptoms of chicken pox were registered among children of the older group, aged from 2 to 4 years. One child was hospitalized at the Chernivtsi Regional Children’s Clinical Hospital, nineteen are receiving outpatient treatment as prescribed by specialists.
During their stay in the institution, the children came into contact with internally displaced persons from other cities who also live in the crisis center. During the epidemiological investigation, the isolation of all contact children was ensured with further medical observation of them, a set of sanitary and hygienic measures was provided, and the institution was recommended to temporarily suspend the admission of new internally displaced persons.
- Missouri reports first Naegleria fowleri case since 1987, Iowa lake closed, considered a potential exposure
- Africa: Suspected cases of Marburg virus disease reported in Ghana
- Cholera outbreak in Iraq affects scores
- Brazil: Human rabies case reported in Federal District
- Taiwan completes gene sequence of imported monkeypox case
- Brazil reports 36 new cases of monkeypox
- Dominican Republic reports 1st monkeypox case